Business Purposes for Data Collection
The following are the categories of Personal Information that we have collected from our users over the last 12 months (and examples of the types of information those include), the categories of sources from which that information was collected, the business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected, the categories of third parties with whom we disclose the information for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom this type of Personal Information is sold:
PERSONAL INFORMATION SOLD TO THIRD PARTIES
Pursuant to the CCPA we are required to provide certain disclosures and inform you of your rights if we sell your Personal Information to third parties.
RIGHT TO KNOW
If you are a California resident and have used our services, you, or your Authorized Agent as described in Section 7 below, can request that we disclose to you the categories of Personal Information we collect from you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business or commercial purpose of collecting and/or sharing your Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared your Personal Information and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you for the last 12 months. You have three options to obtain the above information: 1) you can click here and fill out our interactive form, 2) submit your request to: email@example.com or 3) call the toll-free number below. Please note that for certain Personal Information, we may require you to take additional steps to confirm your identity, which may include a requirement for you and/or your Authorized Agent to get your request notarized.
RIGHT TO DELETION REQUEST
Pursuant to the CCPA, if you are a California resident you can request deletion of the Personal Information we have collected from you. However, we are not required to comply with your request to delete your Personal Information if it is necessary for us or our service provider to maintain the Personal Information to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected; provide a good or service you requested; or if it is reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you that maintaining this information is needed, or if otherwise required to perform a contract between the us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging purposes, to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
You have three options to request removal of content or information:
1) you can click here and fill out our interactive form,
2) submit your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
3) call the toll-free number below.
Please note that for certain Personal Information, we may require you to take additional steps to confirm your identity, which may include a requirement for you and/or your Authorized Agent to get your request notarized.
When processing a request to delete, we may erase some information and we may de-identify some information (when we de-identify information, we implement technical safeguards and business processes that prohibit re-identification, business processes to prevent inadvertent release of de-identified information, and will make no attempt to re-identify the information).
RIGHT NOT TO BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA. If you feel you are being discriminated against by us for exercising your CCPA rights, please email: email@example.com or call the toll-free number below.
DISCLOSURE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVES
Under the CCPA, we are required to inform you if we provide any financial incentives to consumers who allow us to collect or share their information as compared to consumers who request deletion of their information or exercise other rights under the CCPA. We do not currently provide any financial incentives for consumers who do not exercise their rights under the CCPA.
If you wish to submit a request through a natural person or a business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf (“Authorized Agent”), we will need:
- Written evidence from you that the Authorized Agent has permission to act on your behalf; and
- Verification of the Authorized Agent’s identity.
When you request access to the Personal Information we have collected or deletion of your Personal Information, we will typically provide the requested information or perform the deletion within 45 days, and we will notify you within that time period if we need additional time to process your request.
Under the CCPA, there are special rules relating to the collection and use of Personal Information of minors. As such, we have certain protections in place, described below.
- We are respectful of the privacy rights of all of our users, and sensitive to the particular privacy concerns of children under the age of 13 (“Children” or “Child”). We will not require a Child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to access, purchase, browse and obtain info from Connected Apparel or use the interactive features of our services. If the user is a Child, the parent or guardian that signed them up for the services may also request access to review, update, or direct us to delete information on the Child in the same manner as a user with full access to the account by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and note “Parental Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or call the toll-free number below. You may also cancel the account to prevent any further collection or use of the Child’s information.
REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR CHILDREN
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
EXERCISING PARENTAL RIGHTS
- To exercise your parental rights, including to access or request deletion of Personal Information of your Child that we collect and maintain through the services, contact us at: email@example.com and note “Parental Rights Request” in the subject line of the email or call the toll-free number below. In the body of the email, please include your Child’s Connected Apparel account user name, plus your contact information for verification purposes, and whether you are requesting access to your Child’s information, or if you are requesting deletion of your Child’s data. Note that if you request deletion, your Child’s user account will be terminated.
CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Some browsers have a do not track feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser do not track signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising (“IBA”). To learn more about IBA or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
Attn: Finance Departmentl
6015 Bandini Blvd.
Commerce, CA 90040
For support by phone, call us toll-free between 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Pacific, at: 1-866-256-3755.